Dependable, Self-Governing Person Wanted To Manage Our Shipping Department
If you’re an independent, hard working person looking for a (fairly) laid back job with good pay, benefits, and the opportunity to rise through the ranks… then this will be the most exciting post you read today.
My name is Dr. George Karanastasis. I’m the founder and CEO of Fisico – a natural health company that sells supplements and information products nationwide. And I’m currently looking for someone dependable to join our growing team and oversee the fulfillment operations of the business. The fulfillment center is located in Westford (right off exit 32 of 495) and is 3,600 sq. ft. with newly installed large windows for natural light.
Here’s a bit of what you’ll be doing:
- Printing the daily batch (labels and packing slips), double-checking everything for accuracy, and distributing the printouts along the workstation so your team can properly fulfill the day’s orders. We ship between 500 and 2,500 orders a day.
- Assisting your teammates with packaging. While this is primarily a supervisor position, you will also be required to participate in the daily fulfillment of orders… especially when volume is high.
- Processing returns.
- Daily management reports (e.g. packages shipped, packages returned, products returned to stock, etc.).
- Inventory management (receiving new orders and a monthly reconciliation).
- Maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Shift scheduling to ensure adequate coverage each day to handle the volume of orders.
- Onboarding and training new packagers.
- Ordering packaging supplies.
- Making sure the warehouse is clean at the end of each day.
- And various other tasks such as running periodic metrics related to shipping.
This position is perfect for you if…
- You enjoy autonomy. While you’ll be meeting with our ops manager about once per week to review metrics, for the most part, you and your teammates will be working on your own without anyone looking over your shoulder (or breathing down your neck).And although we operate from multiple locations, everyone in the company is easily reachable via Skype, Email, or text/call, so you can get in touch at any point if an issue arises or you need assistance.
- You like interfacing with people, yet value “alone time.” This is the type of job where you can put your headphones on, tune out the world, and complete the task at hand. That said, if you’re a complete introvert, this is not for you, which ties in directly to the next qualification…
- You have good leadership skills and enjoy managing your small team of packagers. We pride ourselves in only working with people who are hardworking and internally motivated. Nevertheless, as a manager, you will need to make sure your team remains productive and your daily, weekly, and monthly metrics are met.
- You’re results-oriented, have high standards, and hold yourself (as well as your teammates) accountable. As mentioned above, you have a lot of freedom to get your job done. But at the end of the day, we track and measure just about everything in our company. And we’re always striving to improve procedures and processes.
- You’re neat and prefer things to be organized. This is critical as we’re constantly receiving new products and packaging materials. Space can become an issue very fast if everything’s not tidy.
- You like staying active and hate being chained to a desk. This role requires you to frequently move about the warehouse. Plus, when you’re at the computer, you can choose to stand as you’ll be working on a motorized standing desk.
- You have no problem lifting and carrying things around (nothing a reasonably fit person can’t handle – e.g. bringing a 20 lb. box from the storage room to the assembly counter and pulling a delivery pallet from our loading dock when we receive more inventory).
- You’re pretty good with computers as you’ll be working with various online platforms (e.g. Shipstation, Infusionsoft) as well as the Microsoft Office Suite. So, some level of tech-savviness is a must.
Think you fit the bill? Great. Then here are a few more things you should know before applying…
This is a full-time position (~40 hours per week; Monday through Friday). The starting salary is $15/hour and we offer health and dental insurance. Additionally, there are regular yearly raises, PTO kicks in after one year, and performance bonuses tied to key company metrics. Finally, you’ll enjoy free lunches on days when shipping exceeds a certain volume.
Well, that about covers it. To apply for this position, click the button below to fill out a short Google form and let us know you’re interested:
Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you.