IMPORTANT – READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE APPLYING:
- Are you a passionate person who takes pride in their work?
- Do you always give 110% – no matter how big or small the task?
- Do you naturally take ownership of projects and track details to completion?
- Are you a creative thinker that enjoys building things from scratch (and watching them grow and evolve over time)?
If you answered yes to ALL of the above, then this will be the most exciting post you read today. Here’s why…
My name is George Karanastasis. I’m the founder and CEO of Fisico. We’re a web-based, natural health company that sells information products and supplements. And we’re looking for a rockstar PHP developer to join our small, yet rapidly growing team.
Now, before you read on, know this: THIS POSITION ISN’T FOR EVERYONE.
But for the right candidate, it’s nothing short of a dream job (you’ll understand why when you read every word of this page). That said, the perks come with high expectations of everyone we bring on board.
So, with that out of the way, let’s get down to the details…
Specific Skillsets We’re Looking For:
- Strong knowledge of PHP (3+ years of experience)
- Very experienced with 3rd party API’s (ideally worked with several)
- Prolific in designing flexible applications that can evolve as our needs change
- Comfortable with MySQL (or similar database environment)
- Basic system administrator skills
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with and maintaining the scripts that tie together all the platforms we use. These include: Infusionsoft CRM, PayPal, Shipstation, Maropost Marketing Cloud, Zendesk, XVerify, Wistia, Amazon AWS, and many more. Each of these has an API that is used to communicate with the others for the purpose of selling to and supporting our amazing customers.
- Developing new applications to help grow our ecommerce activities:
- We’re currently in the process of completing a proprietary inventory-tracking tool that keeps us up to date on our stock of products.
- Other projects in the pipeline include a robust reporting tool that tracks all facets of our paid advertising (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook ads, native ads, etc.).
- And in general, anything that will help the growth of the company become as frictionless as possible.
- Working hand in hand with a front-end developer who will handle the UI components of the applications you’ll be developing.
The Person Who Is Going To Knock This Out Of The Park:
- Can hit the ground running with little to no handholding.
- Is hungry, highly motivated to work, and always gives 110%.
- Knows that it’s the little tasks that keep a business up and running and enjoys working out the fine details.
- Is willing to jump in and solve problems and become the expert whenever needed.
- Is not afraid to try new techniques and offer insights.
- Likes to run down hill with a project, take chance, and own it to the very end.
- Is obsessed with attention to detail.
The final point is critical. We spend a small fortune on paid advertising every day to drive visitors to our websites. When something breaks it is extremely costly.
The bottom line? There is no room for error once code goes live. It must be tested and re-tested (and have multiple redundancies in place) before leaving the sandbox environment. So again, attention to detail is dire.
In fact, do me a favor… when you send in your cover letter, please pencil in your favorite song in there so I know you’ve actually read this.
What You’ll Enjoy From Us:
Now, I could fill this section up with things like a competitive salary, health benefits, generous PTO, and performance bonus. As a prospective candidate, these things are obviously very important to you (and, yes, we’re offering all of the above). But you’ll find that at any company that’s at least halfway decent. Instead, let me show you what really makes us unique…
First and foremost: we operate as a startup – while at the same time being very well capitalized (with strong year over year revenue growth and profits). That means you get all the benefits of working in an intimate environment while enjoying the security and stability of a larger corporate setting…
…a setting that otherwise lacks agility, moves slow, and rarely values individual input the way a smaller, more nimble company does. More specifically:
- You have freedom and control of the design choices related to your work
- Your input is valued and acted upon
- You get to see your projects take shape and impact people’s health and lives through the products you ultimately help sell
And all this without worrying if that next round of funding will go through (or if you’ll be out of a job one or two years down the road).
You’ll be working in a very supportive team and culture of other high-performers who like to get things done, hold themselves accountable, and help each other wherever possible.
What’s more is we foster a culture that supports and nurtures your need to learn, grow, and challenge yourself to be the best you can possibly be.
Last but not least, our physical location is exceptional – a place you’ll love coming to on a daily basis. Let me take a moment to paint you a picture…
We’re in beautiful Westford, surrounded by woods, in a place known as the Abbot Mill. It’s a historic landmark that was recently converted to apartments and a couple of office spaces.
We occupy one of those spaces. The high ceilings and exposed brick will make you feel like you’re somewhere in Manhattan. A few steps from our door you’ll find a foosball table, pool table, and a small gym – perfect outlets for blowing off steam and thinking through a problem.
Turn slight to the right and you’ve just entered a fully functional movie theater (sits 20).
Go a bit further and you’ll be in our kitchen, stocked with coffee and tea. Take a seat. Relax and enjoy your lunch. Think about it…
Isn’t it great to be working in this unique environment? It’s like you’re in some Back Bay brownstone… but without the hustle and bustle of the city. Plus, even if you’re actually coming from the city, you’re looking at a reverse commute. That means, no getting stuck in traffic. And we’re mere minutes from 495.
OK, I could go on and on. But I think you get the picture. I’m glad you made it this far. Now, take a moment to ask yourself…
“Does this seem like the right position for me?”
“Will I be happy working in this environment?”
“Can I add value through my unique skillset and help this company reach its objective… while at the same time growing personally and professionally?”
If you can answer: “YES!” to all of the above, then here’s what to do next:
1) Prepare your resume and a brief cover letter, letting me know a bit more about yourself.
2) Email the above to email@example.com with the subject line: I’m a prolific PHP developer.
Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
CEO & Founder