Fisico is a rapidly growing e-commerce company that sells natural health products to the end consumer. We’re looking for a digital marketing specialist to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate is either:
a) Experienced with buying media on a variety of platforms (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook, Native, Email) and enjoys the optimization process to continuously improve KPI’s.
b) Completely green when it comes to paid online advertising, but loves web marketing and is willing to work hard to become a world class media buyer.
Specific Skillsets We’re Looking For (these are “nice-to-haves”; all of these can be taught to the right person):
- Good working knowledge of popular PPC platforms (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Outbrain, Taboola, Yahoo Gemini, etc.).
- Comfortable with Google Analytics (and similar tools).
- Basic ad writing/copywriting skills (experience writing advertorials is a plus).
- The ability to make data-driven decisions by aggregating and analyzing raw data.
- Familiarity with RFP’s, IO’s, and ad servers is a plus.
Additionally, you need to be:
- Highly motivated
- Great analytical skills
- Detail orientated
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone, and via Email)
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be working alongside the owner of the company handling a 7-figure/month (and growing) media budget. Specific responsibilities include:
- Nurturing and optimizing currently running campaigns (Google Adwords, native, Email, etc.).
- Creating, optimizing, and scaling new ad campaigns for our continuously expanding product line.
- Gathering raw data and generating campaign-related reports.
- Performing competitive intelligence to stay ahead of the curve and come up with breakthrough marketing ideas.
- Sending out RFP’s, negotiating direct buys, and handling insertion orders.
- Trafficking creative and communicating with various publishers.
The Person Who Is Going To Knock This Out Of The Park:
- Can hit the ground running with little to no handholding.
- Is hungry, highly motivated to work, and always gives 110%.
- Knows that it’s the little tasks that keep a business up and running and enjoys working out the fine details.
- Is willing to jump in and solve problems and become the expert whenever needed.
- Is not afraid to try new techniques and offer insights.
- Likes to run down hill with a project, take chance, and own it to the very end.
- Is obsessed with attention to detail.
The final point is critical. We spend a small fortune on paid advertising every day to drive visitors to our websites (~3 million/month and growing). When something breaks it is extremely costly.
The bottom line? There is no room for error once campaigns go live. So again, attention to detail is dire.
In fact, do me a favor… when you send in your cover letter, please pencil in your favorite song in there so I know you’ve actually read this.
What You’ll Enjoy From Us:
Now, I could fill this section up with things like a competitive salary, health benefits, generous PTO, performance bonus, and 401K. As a prospective candidate, these things are obviously very important to you (and, yes, we’re offering all of the above). But you’ll find that at any company that’s at least halfway decent. Instead, let me show you what really makes us unique…
First and foremost: we operate as a startup – while at the same time being very well capitalized (with strong year over year revenue growth and profits). That means you get all the benefits of working in an intimate environment while enjoying the security and stability of a larger corporate setting…
…a setting that otherwise lacks agility, moves slow, and rarely values individual input the way a smaller, more nimble company does. More specifically:
- You have freedom and control of the design choices related to your work
- Your input is valued and acted upon
- You get to see your projects take shape and impact people’s health and lives through the products you ultimately help sell
And all this without worrying if that next round of funding will go through (or if you’ll be out of a job one or two years down the road).