IMPORTANT – READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE APPLYING:
- Are you a passionate person who takes pride in their work?
- Do you always give 110% – no matter how big or small the task?
- Do you naturally take ownership of projects and track details to completion?
- Are you a creative thinker that enjoys building things from scratch (and watching them grow and evolve over time)?
If you answered yes to ALL of the above, then this will be the most exciting post you read today. Here’s why…
My name is George Karanastasis. I’m the founder and CEO of Fisico. We’re a web-based, natural health company that sells information products and supplements. And we’re looking for a digital media buyer to join our small, yet fast growing team.
Now, before you read on, know this: this position isn’t for everyone. Here’s why…
We are going through a rapid scaling phase so the demands of the position will be great, deadlines will be tight, and in general, performance expectations will be high. If you’re not used to (or willing to) work under pressure… this is probably not your cup of tea.
The ideal candidate enjoys buying media on a variety of platforms (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook, Native, Email) and is borderline obsessed with optimization and continuously improving KPI’s.
For the right candidate, it’s nothing short of a dream job with a sizeable growth opportunity (you’ll understand why when you read every word of this page).
So, with that out of the way, let’s get down to the details…
Specific Skillsets We’re Looking For:
- Good working knowledge of popular PPC platforms (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Outbrain, Taboola, Yahoo Gemini, etc.).
- Comfortable with Google Analytics (and similar tools).
- Basic ad writing/copywriting skills (experience writing advertorials is a plus).
- The ability to make data-driven decisions by aggregating and analyzing raw data.
- Familiarity with RFP’s, IO’s, and ad servers is a plus.
Additionally, you need to be:
- Highly motivated
- Great analytical skills
- Detail orientated
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone, and via Email)
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player
What You’ll Be Doing:
You will be working alongside the owner of the company handling a 7-figure/month (and growing) media budget. Specific responsibilities include:
- Nurturing and optimizing currently running campaigns (Google Adwords, native, Email, etc.).
- Creating, optimizing, and scaling new ad campaigns for our continuously expanding product line.
- Gathering raw data and generating campaign-related reports.
- Performing competitive intelligence to stay ahead of the curve and come up with breakthrough marketing ideas.
- Sending out RFP’s, negotiating direct buys, and handling insertion orders.
- Trafficking creative and communicating with various publishers.
The Person Who Is Going To Knock This Out Of The Park:
- Can hit the ground running with little to no handholding.
- Is hungry, highly motivated to work, and always gives 110%.
- Knows that it’s the little tasks that keep a business up and running and enjoys working out the fine details.
- Is willing to jump in and solve problems and become the expert whenever needed.
- Is not afraid to try new techniques and offer insights.
- Likes to run down hill with a project, take chance, and own it to the very end.
- Is obsessed with attention to detail.
The final point is critical. We spend a small fortune on paid advertising every day to drive visitors to our websites (~3 million/month and growing). When something breaks it is extremely costly.
The bottom line? There is no room for error once campaigns go live. So again, attention to detail is dire.
In fact, do me a favor… when you send in your cover letter, please pencil in your favorite song in there so I know you’ve actually read this.
What You’ll Enjoy From Us:
Now, I could fill this section up with things like a competitive salary, health benefits, generous PTO, performance bonus, and 401K. As a prospective candidate, these things are obviously very important to you (and, yes, we’re offering all of the above). But you’ll find that at any company that’s at least halfway decent. Instead, let me show you what really makes us unique…
First and foremost: we operate as a startup – while at the same time being very well capitalized (with strong year over year revenue growth and profits). That means you get all the benefits of working in an intimate environment while enjoying the security and stability of a larger corporate setting…
…a setting that otherwise lacks agility, moves slow, and rarely values individual input the way a smaller, more nimble company does. More specifically:
- You have freedom and control of the design choices related to your work
- Your input is valued and acted upon
- You get to see your projects take shape and impact people’s health and lives through the products you ultimately help sell
And all this without worrying if that next round of funding will go through (or if you’ll be out of a job one or two years down the road).